Monday, December 22, 2008

Three fourths done

So I am about three fourths done with the book. I am a little disappointed in myself because I did slack a little and I was actually hoping to be done with the book by now and starting my second book during vacation. So far I feel that I have been doing a lot better with the notes. I have began to notice a few things that Kingston uses such as figurative language and she also infuses a lot of Chinese culture into her writing, though sometimes it is so Asian, I guess I can say, that I cannot imagine anyone who is unfamiliar with the Chinese culture to actually understand what she means. I should start doing some actual research on my author. Sadly I haven't started yet. But as of now I am still unsure of what other works I can read besides her books. I have tried to look for her essays or blogs, and I did find a blog, but there was only one post on it. I will check to see if it has been undated.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you are doing better with your books. I can say the same for mine too. Good job for noticing her techniques.

    Wow, I applaud for your eagerness to finish the research.

    Do you like the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you think your slacking on your project? At least your almost finished with your book. I still don't have my book. But it's ok, I'm working on that.

    Good job though with reading and almost being done with your book. I really need to buy mines. I've only been reading articles for my author.

    ReplyDelete